Friday, December 2, 2011

Who's got 2 thumbs and doesn't care the NBA is back?.......This Guy.

It’s official, the owners and players have finally come to an agreement to end the NBA lockout, and I couldn’t care less.  But honestly, I don’t care regardless, either way, any way, in any form; just feel nothing in regards to it.  There is no big secret that basketball isn’t my favorite sport in the world, probably not even in my top 10, so this shouldn’t be coming as a shock to you.  However, I would be lying if I was not at least a little intrigued at the upcoming NBA season.
Parts I hate:
1. ESPN……….the 4 letter network covers the NBA enough.  It often angers me when I see Lebron charge down the lane uncontested for a dunk make the top 10, when I saw five better goals or saves in a single hockey game in the same night; but then I remember the NHL network exists and quickly change the channel. So I don’t stay bitter.
2.  For some reason I used to believe what all the sports analysts were telling me, that the NBA and the NHL compete, that having no NBA around was a huge gain for the NHL, that both can’t exist in harmony. In a few markets I can believe this is at least a little true, but across the continent I don’t see many die hard basketball fans that were fulfilling their sports needs with tickets to hockey games.
3. Basketball is just….boring. “But there is so much scoring!” Blah, blah, blah.  Wake me up when the playoffs are here, I’ll watch game 7, of the finals.
4.  I’m from the land of ice and snow, the only NBA team in town is the T’Wolves, enough said.

Parts I like:
1. Watching Lebron collapse, again. I think anyone outside of South Beach will enjoy this.
2. The “frantic” preseason. I think this needs to be adopted on a regular basis by all leagues, the off season activity is better if it is more condensed, though I’m not going to say I’m going to follow player moves like after the NFL lockout ended.
3. Ricky Rubio…..again, from the land of ice and snow, it’s the only thing you can really look forward to in T’Wolves country.
4. Metta World Peace. I can just hear the play by play now. “Someone just threw something at Metta. He has charged into the stands!” “World Peace is in the stands trying to fight fans”, “With the look of murder in the eyes, World Peace is throwing haymaker after haymaker at innocent fans”………ahhhh I just can’t wait. A brawl would bring out the best of World Peace.

And again, that’s about it. Don’t hate it, don’t love it.

My “off the top of my head” Top Ten Sports:
Hockey
Football
Baseball
Soccer
Golf
Motor sports
Rugby
Curling
Hurling
Basketball

Yeah, that sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment