Monday, February 11, 2013

Back on Track...Or Not

Alright, that was a busy week so I apologize for not getting my picks for the races out ahead of Saturday...but it was probably for the better as I didn't fair too well. Lets take a quick look at the last 2 week's results.

February 2nd at Santa Anita
Out of 10 races only 6 of my picks finished in the money, however a couple of those were nice 4-1 and 5-1 plays that returned nicely. I finished up $374 on the day.

February 9th at Gulfstream Park
I have never done well when handicapping Gulfstream Park.  They usually have more turf races on the card than some other tracks, and historically (for reasons I have not specifically identified) I'm just not a good turf race handicapper. When throwing actual money at races I usually stay on the dirt. Out of 12 races I only had 5 finish in the money, and lost $69. All things considered the loss was minimal thanks to my 9-1 longshot that brought in over $300. But when you bleed away $60 a race for 8 races, it's just not going to be a good day.

Next Week at Golden Gate Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment