Thursday, March 10, 2011

Class AA Preview

Well……that was a pretty interesting day one of the State Hockey Tournament. We are here to give you a rundown of the first round of the AA tournament, and hopefully, if the tournament doesn’t wear us down, give you an article tomorrow on a recap of the day and a preview of the day to come.
Game 1: Blaine vs. Edina. I saw both of these section final games, and I know everyone is giddy about Edina, however one term comes to mind when I think of them in that game, LAZY.  Now I am going to chalk up the idea that it was one game, and probably not their best, against a good team.  However, I think that even if Edina comes out lazy again in this game it shouldn’t be too much of a problem as I really didn’t see much from Blaine. Yes I know they beat a good Maple Grove team to get here, but lack of size and speed just isn’t going to match up well against the Hornets. 5-2 EDINA.
Game 2: Duluth East vs. White Bear Lake.  Well…to we get sucked in again, do we believe that maybe the bears are going to get out of the first round, do we believe? The answer is no, but we HOPE so, so we can stop hearing about it. I haven’t seen East in a while, but I did watch WBL take down Hill and they looked pretty darn impressive.  However I am hearing great things about east, and it sounds like it may just be too much in the end for WBL. They could win, but I just don’t know, I will classify this as the game of the day. EAST 4-3 IN OVERTIME.

Game 3: Eden Prairie vs. Lakeville North………………I will probably be coming out of a food coma from dinner time during this game, good thing too. EP 9-Lakeville 1…maybe.
Game 4: Eagan vs. Moorhead. I saw Eagan in that section championship game. And they were meh, so so, just blandish.  So I don’t want to extend myself on a preview of this game, but I think it will be a good one, and a close one. AND in traditional Thursday night action, probably go to 2 OTs. Moorhead 3-2. Just a hunch.

See you at the games! Check back tomorrow for a recap of the day’s action and a full preview of Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment