Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Class A Preview

Alright, happy Wednesday everyone! Start of the state boy’s hockey tournament is today, and before our quick preview of the Class A tournament a few housekeeping items to address. First, the number of brackets we received was HUGE so thank you, however, very few of you have “liked” us on the facebook or registered to follow the blog, so those of you that have…..if your bracket gets obliterated stay tuned, you may still be eligible to win if anyone ahead of you isn’t following us. 

We were debating doing a huge write up on the tournament, but we decided to do a quick recap of the A games, and then a longer write up on the class AA games, which you can read tomorrow. There really was only one reason for this, its not that we don’t love class A, it’s just that we don’t know as much because we attended the majority of class AA section games.  So without delay, our recap of your brackets.

People’s champions: I will have to go and look back to be sure, but I am nearly positive only a few of you had an upset in the first round, which is craziness. Also, the majority of the chosen winners of class A were Hermantown, St. Thomas, and Breck…and of those three we had more people picking Hermantown to win it all than anyone else….again, craziness.  I think Hermantown is good, however, I don’t see them getting past a strong team out of Rochester in the semi finals. I also don’t believe you will see an upset in the first round, so I guess I am a little crazy too. The Friday day games(class A semi finals) look like they will be great ones, four 20+ win teams, Breck vs. St. Thomas equals an epic match up that could prove to be the best game of the whole class A tourney. In short, I believe the class A champion will come out of that game…..and while I believe that my bracket still has Rochester Lourdes winning it all, don’t ask, its just a hunch. 
Upset to look for: Thief River Falls is good, but good enough? I think they might be, I sense an OT game, possibly in Thief River Falls’s favor.

Check back tomorrow for a much more detailed game by game of the Class AA Tournament, and also, there’s some weather out there so wherever you are coming from, drive safe to the games!

No comments:

Post a Comment