Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NCAA Basketball

Usually I stay far, far away from NCAA basketball until March Madness comes around, but looking at today's games I saw a few that stuck out to me and figured I'd try and make up the ground I've lost with a little bit of a crazy 3-way parlay. It may be fairly obvious by now, but I prefer 3-ways.

Butler +2.5 over LaSalle
This could be the bet that ruins the parlay, but it is too enticing to not take a chance on. This isn't the Butler team that went to the NCAA Championship game, but Brad Stevens is no slouch and has them playing extremely well as of late (13 game win streak). It looks like leading scorer Rontei Clarke won't be playing for the Bulldogs due to a sprained neck, but this isn't a 1 man team and should dispatch the Explorers on the road.

Duke -3 over Miami (FL)
It's hard to not like the #1 team in the nation to only have to cover 3 points. Yes, it is on the road and yes, this isn't your typical Hurricane's basketball team and yes, Ryan Kelly is still out with a bum foot. But with all that said, Duke comes to play and they rarely lose an ACC game. Look for Duke to jump out early and not look back.

Minnesota -9 over Northwestern
Typically I wouldn't be big on a 9 point spread, but I watched the first meeting between these two teams and the Gophers played absolutely horribly in the first half, they still won by 18 points. The Gophers are coming off of 2 consecutive Big 10 defeats, but even more of a reason for them to bounce back with a strong game against a very sub-par Wildcat squad.

Total bet: $150
Potential win: $900

Bankroll: $1250

2 comments:

  1. You keep up this streak and we will have to figure out what to do if someone runs out of money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared to put any money on -300 money lines the way I'm going right now.

    ReplyDelete