Saturday, January 5, 2013

Wildcard Bet


Alright, here goes nothing. There are a couple of large spreads that are very attractive bets in this NFL Wildcard week, so my decision was to parley the two into what will hopefully be a nice little score.

Minnesota +8

This line opened up at +9.5 which is huge for ANY NFL game, let alone one where the team beat their opponent last week. I know the game is at Lambeau, but the weather looks to be cold and I expect the Vikings to control most of the game with AP. The only worry with this is Christian Ponder is questionable, I expect him to play BUT if he doesn’t this bet could be ugly.  I still expect the Vikings to be within a touchdown in this game.

Indianapolis +7

I don’t expect this to be a high scoring game, and the Ravens have not looked anything like the playoff teams of the past.  The Baltimore defense will probably play inspired with the pending retirement of Ray Lewis, but I think Andrew Luck and the Colts will put up enough of a fight to stay within a touchdown. (My guess is lose by 3)

The Ponder question mark is the only reason why I’m not betting more in this situation.

Total Bet: $200
Potential Win: $514

UPDATE: In the time I wrote this the MN spread bumped up to +9.5 but I’ll still go with the +8. The recent news that Ponder has been downgraded to questionable likely means some large players are moving some BIG money onto the Packers to beat the spread.  

1 comment: