Saturday, January 12, 2013

Wagering Some Football and Futball


OK, so last week didn’t work out so well….or at all. As a result I WAS going to dial back the crazy just a little bit and place two separate wagers, but I just couldn’t help myself so I parlayed 3 together (again).

Manchester United WIN (-125)
First, an English Premier League matchup that I don’t think will be nearly as close as the odds are suggesting. Manchester United verses Liverpool at Old Trafford.  Man U will be without their marquee striker Rooney, but I don’t think it will hinder the Red Devils as much as betters think.  Robin Van Persie has 16 goals so far this year and I believe he tags on another one in this matchup. Finally, while Liverpool has been in good form recently, they haven’t won at Old Trafford in four years. Worried for a draw, but think Man U comes out on top 2-1.

Denver Broncos (-9) AND the over 44.5
I won’t give too much analysis on this game only because I don’t think it’s needed.  I think the Ravens are emotionally (and likely physically) spent from last week’s win over the Bengals, and they travel to Denver to play what I believe is the best team in football.  The Broncos have methodically beaten down opponents so consistently over the 2nd half of the season that people hardly talk about it anymore. I think the over is a hands down lock, but a spread of 9 points is always a little bit to worry about, even with the expected beat down I think Manning will deliver on Saturday.

Wager $300
possible win: $1,668  

1 comment:

  1. Oh the cruel mistress that is sports betting. Nailed the over, nailed the Man U game (down to the exact score) but Denver had to go crap the bed. Until another day.

    ReplyDelete