Friday, January 4, 2013

NFL Wildcard Bets

Missed out on a chance at decent money last week, I'll again throw my hat in the ring. I wanted to tie in the BCS National Championship game, but a 9.5 point spread is just too big when I'm leaning towards Alabama. Regardless I'm feeling a little more confident this time around, here's my $200 3-way parlay:

Houston -4.5 pts
The Texans will open up their offense and put away the Bengals early and easily in this matchup. I don't think Cincinnati will be able to keep up with Houston on either side of the ball. Highly confident in this game.

Colts/Ravens under 47 pts
Not as high on this pick, but I do think emotion plays a factor in this game. With Ray Lewis announcing his retirement following the season, Baltimore's defense comes to play and shuts down Andrew Luck. I don't see the Ravens offense putting up a lot of points, so I'm going with a low scoring affair.

Washington M/L
This is the big wildcard in the bet. I haven't been on the RGIII bandwagon all year, but I'm even more against the Russell Wilson experiment when he's playing outside of Seattle. The Redskins have the more talented team and I think they'll win this one and I'm punting the 3 points that the odds makers are offering.

Total bet: $200
Potential win: $1440

Bankroll: $1700

UPDATE: Looking good going into the final wild card game, then RGIII went down and any hope at a big payout went down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment