Saturday, January 12, 2013

NFL Divisional Bet

After getting shut out the last two weeks, I've decided to simplify my bet and not get quite as crazy with it. I like both Denver & New England to win this week, but 9 point spreads are too big to mess around with in the playoffs. With that said, I'm going to go with a $300 2-way parlay:

Falcons -2.5
The Seahawks bandwagon seems to be doubling in size every week, but I just don't see the appeal. They are going up against a very good Atlanta team at home where the speed and skill of their offense is on display. Seattle's defense will be able to keep it close, but when I say close I mean within 2 touchdowns. Atlanta wins this game easily.

Packers M/L
If history has proved anything over the last few years, it's that you need a QB to win in the playoffs and because of that, I'm seeing good things for Green Bay. San Francisco is starting a rookie QB who can't throw very well, that doesn't equal victory. Aaron Rodgers has been here before and knows what it takes to get to the Super Bowl. I have great faith in the Packers to win this game.

Total bet: $300
Potential win: $910

Bankroll: $1400

UPDATE: A total loss. Packers looked completely overmatched and Falcons missed out by .5 point

4 comments:

  1. This is the exact same bet that I was going to make, so I'll try something different.

    Ravens (+9)
    Peyton doesn't like playing in the cold so this game should be low scoring and kind of ugly. I think the Broncos still win, but 9 is too many points for this one.

    Patriots (-9.5)
    This game won't be close. Houston won a weak division and lost the majority of their prime time games. Taking Brady in the playoffs is almost like getting free money.

    Total bet: $100
    Potential win: $260

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Doc! At least someone around here knows what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to retire from betting right now. Go out with a perfect record.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betting page has been updated. We are currently getting crushed.

    ReplyDelete